Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bridgestone

In 1967, my dream motorcycle to own was the Bridgestone 350cc. As someone who religiously read the motorcycle magazines, it was the best at the time. Usually all the reviews of motorcycles at that time were just fluff for two benchmark numbers:

                   1. top speed
                   2. 0 to 60 mph

I wonder if my time with the motorcycle magazine was just preparation for being a computer benchmarker for Cray Research, Intel, Cray Computers,

Anyway what brought this up is that Bridgestone motorcycles are still around in Taiwan. When Bridgestone(the tire company) dropped motorcycles, they sold the line line to BS  Tailung in Taiwan about 1971. After a few years, they stopped making them in Taiwan but they are still running on the streets of Taipei.



And still nice looking bikes, at least some of them are.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you have something you are passionate to write about. I suppose if I were in Taiwan, I'd search out sewing machines and write about them. I suppose the sewing machine scene there would be like here. There are probably some vintage machines around, but the newer ones would all be computerized Japaese built ones. I don't think I get the same rush sewing on special machines that you do when you ride a special motorcycle, but it still is fun!

    ReplyDelete