Friday, June 15, 2012

The remains of the time

They finally fixed the best LED sign in Taipei, and I have this movie of it.


I guess the lesson is that persistence pays off.

When you come back from a trip to XXX, people always ask you the question:
Well, how was XXX? Where to start the answer and how? Most memorable?, most interesting?, funniest?, best food?, shittiest experience? ... I was always at a lost to know how to answer.

I thought a blog would be a good solution, then I could just answer: Did you read my blog? After awhile I realized that a lot of people who asked this question were just being polite. Kind of like talking about the weather. You'd think after 3 blogs and 451 blog entries I would have figured this out earlier, but I'm a slow learner.

So I think the blog gradually became more for me than for others. (I guess not everyone is into old motorcycles.) So it goes. For me it has been fun.

For old time sake, here's an interesting bike/motorcycle antique:


Most of the early motorcycle makers in Japan and Taiwan started out as bicycle makers who used a small 2 stroke engine bolted to the rear wheel to give the rider an "assist". I had only read about these machines, but last month I saw one on the street. Still running after more than 60 years.

Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. It's been fun for us too. And informative. Where would I ever learn that much about Taiwan in such an interesting, personal-view way? Okay, maybe the motorcycle ones weren't my favorites, but the pictures of them were interesting.
    Thanks, Mary

    ReplyDelete